Thursday, July 10, 2014


                                                     A Mothers Love
I walked out of my front door, camera in hand, hoping to get some great wildlife pictures that day. I love taking pictures, and I love Nature. So it stands to reason that my favorite kind of photography would be nature photography:)
         Around where we live we have things like, squirrels, chipmunks, deer, bunches of bugs, flowers, frogs, snakes, and many other things. The stuff is there to get a good picture of, it just depends on if you can find it! And today I was determined to find something worthwhile.
         I was praying as I walked around the dirt road, Picture walks often double as prayer walks for me, and vise versa. As I walked, I noticed that everything seemed to be quiet that day, nothing was stirring, all was still. now that was great for a prayer walk, but not so great for a picture walk! I believe in praying for the little things as well as big things, so as I walked I prayed that the Lord might help me find something to take a picture of and a lesson from it too.
       Just as I had finished my little prayer, I came upon a nest of four little killdeer eggs (pictured at the top of the page). I have always found bird eggs to be beautiful and interesting, so I bent down to examine them closer and take some pictures. As I snapped the pictures, I heard a swoosh of wings, then a volley of cries from the mother who had landed not far away.  looking up, I saw one of the most pathetic, and heroic sites in nature. The mother bird began to come slowly toward me, Dragging one wing, falling over every little bit for affect. I new what she was up to, having read about this often, but decided to see how far she would go in her attempt to draw me away.
      As I walked back and forth, snapping Pictures, I thought about this mothers love. she had no way of knowing that I would not hurt either her, or her little ones. She was willing to lay down her life for her 'children'. That got me thinking about another parent. our father in heaven was willing to come down to earth and die for his children!! "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in Him should not parish but have everlasting life" (John 3:16) we've heard that verse so many times, I hear you say. But how many times have you really stopped to think of the import of that verse. Christ was willing to die for all of us. And if it was our sins that killed him, must that mean that every time we go against God that we kill Him anew? I don't know about you, But I sure have learned a lot from that Killdeer.

No comments:

Post a Comment